Monday 21 March 2011

Butterfly Kisses....

With the task of making a card for a dear friend to brighten their day I thought this would be perfect... The vibrant colours and delightful little butterfly are enough to make anyone smile :) certainly made me smile!

For this card I used the "Butterfly Kisses" kit which can be found here.

I printed the backing paper, topper and decoupage layers from the kit on to super smooth card. Once I had cut all the layers of the butterfly I decided a little sparkle was required so with my quickie glue pen I went round the edges of the butterflies wings on all layers and added some crystal glitter. Just enough sparkle but not too much if you ever can have too much he he :) Unfortunately the picture does not show the lovely subtle sparkle.

The main card along with pink & green card are from my stash. I also added some flowers (again from my stash) and finished them by adding some stickles glitter glue in the centers.



















I am finally taking the plunge and will be entering this card in to the following challenges:
(please go easy on me this is my first time of entering challenges he he)

Miami Doodles - Celebrate Spring (thought the colours used would be perfect)
Stampin With The Dragon - Bring On Spring
Wags n Whiskers - Spring Creations
Paper Take Weekly - Three of Something (3 papers & 3 flowers)

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a peek.
Hugs
Debbie xx

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card honey - I love everything about it! Well done on your first challenge entry! Yay! hehe.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond cute card. I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Beth, certainly boosting my confidence :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute love the coloursthank you for joining us here at the Stampin with the Dragon Challenge Blog.

    Hugs Janette
    Stamping Dragon Designs

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a little love :)